- 4 wild salmon fillets 4 oz each
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard divided
- 3/4 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- fresh black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 8 oz avocado diced (from 2 small)
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups red cabbage shredded
Season salmon with 2 teaspoons of the Dijon, 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and black pepper. Adjust the oven on the second rack. Broil salmon 6 to 7 minutes, until cooked through.
In a large bowl, combine the red onion with olive oil, 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon remaining Dijon, garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon parsley, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste; let it sit about 5 minutes, so the flavor of the onion mellows.
Add the tomatoes, avocado, and toss. When ready to serve, toss in chopped lettuce and cabbage, finish with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of vinegar, taste for salt and pepper and adjust as needed.
Divide the salad into 4 bowls and top each with salmon.