This is a great breakfast recipe because it allows for many variations and flexibility. Simply swap ingredients to allow for taste or dietary restrictions, or you can prep/bake ahead of time for events or holidays.
- 14.5 ounce can diced potatoes or 1 3/4 cup diced cooked potatoes
- 3 1/2 ounces cooked chorizo sausage – diced (2 links)
- 2 cans chopped green chilies (undrained) (4.5 ounces)
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt such as Adobo
- 1 jalapeno sliced thin
- 4 ounces avocado sliced
- 1 cup chunky mild salsa
Spray a 3-qt (9” x 13”) oblong glass Pyrex baking dish with cooking spray
Place the potatoes in the baking dish. Top with chorizo, green chiles and 1 cup of the cheese
In medium bowl, beat eggs, scallions and seasoning salt with a whisk until well blended. Pour over potato mixture.
Cover with lid and refrigerate overnight, if preparing the night before.
When ready to bake, remove from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature.
Pre-heat the oven to 325°F.
Bake uncovered 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
Remove from the oven, top with the remaining 1 cup of cheese and jalapeno slices.
Bake 2 more minutes, until the cheese melts. To serve, cut into 10 squares and serve with salsa and avocado.